So starting this blog, I never imagined how much work it was just to get it started! (I've already had one phone call to my sister to ask about pictures) I can only imagine trying to keep up with it! It's been constant teasing from Devin about how clever I think I am with the names I chose for our blog and him just laughing at me! But think about it...what better way to say one of us is for BYU and one of us is for UTAH than to make our web address...byutahfans!! Clever right?! And LIFE AS DEMANN?! Who doesn't want to be DE mann?!
So Devin just keeps criticising me about the blog...he doesn't get why blog? Well neither do I, but it seems fun and I need something to do to fill my days, so I'll tell everyone about us, our lives and our wedding plans! Yes, for those so out of the loop, we're getting married in just over 2 months! Everything is planned and we just need to send out invites! Its been a great engagement, very little fighting! Devin is good at saying "yes, that'll be fine" and "I like it, if you like it". But, we're both happy about everything that we've decided on and can't wait for the day to see how everything turns out!
Since we chose an all inclusive reception center, they are doing everything(except clothing and photography) for us! So one night, we met with our consultant and 3 1/2 hours later, we had everything from the cake to the linens and napkins to the invites planned, we only had to meet with the florist! It was a long night but such a relief to have everything pretty much planned! We're excited for our ice sculpture to match our centerpieces and our cake to have 4 tiers with 4 different flavors! Everything came together nicely with the colors we chose and the feel we want our wedding to have! IT'S GONNA BE A PARTY!! After meeting with our consultant, we met with the Lori, our florist! And what a great lady she was! Way patient and very helpful with choosing flowers! She was able to incorporate all our colors in almost everything and even had these WAY cool Tye-died roses that have 3 of our 4 colors!! What an awesome thing to have! She does all of our flowers including the bouquet, boutiners, corsages and ceremony flowers!
Now Devin has always enjoyed working in a garden(all thanks to Bryan, his father, who has the most impressive garden ever!) He once planted gladiola's at a previous place of residence and have been one of his favorite flowers ever since...so guess what flowers are in our centerpieces...yes, Lori said gladiola's would look AWESOME for what we want, so that's what we get! Fantastic right?! Everything is just working out perfectly! Like finding an awesome dress right away, and getting 10% off? Its been easy so far planning our wedding and that's something we both love!

Planning is such a headache and you are SO lucky to have everything going so well. I wish we would have gone to an "all inclusive" place because me having to figure EVERYTHING out on my own was SO difficult!! And it's a good thing he's agreeing with you on it all! :) He is a very smart MAN!! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd for the record I think your SUPER clever about the name for your blog! :)
Oh and way excited to be your first follower!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove your blog cal! If you have any questions about blogging I'd love to help! I've been posting for a few years and have gotten more and more involved and just love it! So excited for you and how well your wedding plans are going! Tell Devin hi for me! Love you lady! Xoxo
ReplyDeletehere's a link to my blog if you want to read/follow! http://jsfantasticalfolio.typepad.com