Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day

I obviously have been slacking....whoops a daisy! Just wanted to tell you all what a great man my husband is!

 I wasn't even planning on being able to see Devin on Valentine's Day, let alone spend the whole night with him! But somewhere the restaurant gods must have been smiling down on us(must be all his hard work) and he was given the WHOLE day off!! (Let's not talk about the rest of the week...) So while I was at work, he was able to put together the most wonderful night! I started to figure out he had something up his sleeve when I talked to him during my lunch and he wouldn't tell me what kind of errands he was running. So as I'm driving home, wondering what that man has thought up, he texts me and asks for me to wait outside, cause he wasn't finished yet! So I sat outside, in my car, for maybe 15 minutes. After awhile, the urge to go to the bathroom is slowly creeping up on me and I can't hold it anymore; so I tell him he has to let me in and I'm finally able to go inside my home. I open the door, and I'm greeted by my pups, and the smell of something wonderful! Not only had he cleaned the apartment spotless(a specialty of his) BUT he had candles lit everywhere, dinner cooking in the crock pot and had a new arrangement of flowers on the table! I was rendered speechless! I couldn't believe I found someone who would do all that just for Valentine's Day(and celebrating the night off together) Once I said hello to the dogs, so they would calm down a bit, I found my cute, sweaty husband(he had a day of hard work getting all of that done before I got home from work) and gave him the biggest hug I could handle!! (Remember, he was sweaty!) Dinner wasn't quite ready to eat just then, so we relaxed on the couch, watching TV. This is when he brought out yet another surprise! Whether this was his secret errand of the day, or he had it waiting just for this, Devy had surprised me the most beautiful garnet necklace with matching ear rings! I cried, like a baby, when I opened the box. Get over it, I cry! :) FYI...the box is now RUINED cause dog-who-will-not-be-named cough cough Baxter cough cough got a hold of it! I may love that dog, but I could seriously strangle him sometimes....Dinner was AMAZING!! No surprise there, I married one heck of a cook! We had crock pot potatoes and pork chops!! It was so yummy! I was in heaven at this point! We even ate at our candle-light adorned dining room table!! But wait...the night is not over! After dinner, he had prepared a bubble bath with Josh Groban singing away the stresses of life! It was bliss! After we got in our pj's, we turned on our new movie..."The Other Guys" with Will Ferrell and Marky Mark Wahlberg. I'm pretty sure I almost died laughing! I really enjoyed it! Then it was off to bed, because the next day I had to return to reality. But thanks to my wonderful husband, I had my best Valentine's Day yet!! I love you baby babe!!


Do not judge...I did NOT know we were having such an extravagant V Day, so I did NOT get him anything! I've already felt horrible about it, but justified myself by saying I surprised him with TV trays a few weeks ago, so that counts as my gift! And that is a thoughtful gift, cause he REALLY wanted TV trays, since we don't use our new dining room table to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment